Who is eligible for coverage
The Public Service Health Care Plan applies to:
- federal public service employees;?
- members of Parliament;
- federal judges;
- employees of a number of designated agencies and corporations;
- veterans who are members of the Veterans Affairs client group as defined in the Plan Document;
- members of the Canadian Forces (CF) and of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)*;?
- persons receiving pension benefits based on service in one of the above capacities; and
- eligible dependants of Plan members.?
*When members of the Canadian Forces (CF) and Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) become Plan members, the Plan applies only to their eligible dependants. Members of the CF and RCMP who retire or leave the force can obtain coverage for themselves as pensioners or as civilian employees of one of the groups above, and must advise their pension office accordingly.