Date posted: August 28, 2020
The PSHCP Administration Authority’s mandate is to ensure that benefits and services to plan members and their covered dependants are delivered in a manner that ensures the effective and efficient administration of the plan. The PSHCP Administration Authority is responsible for monitoring the performance and compliance of the plan administrator (Sun Life Financial), considering appeals from plan members and communicating with plan members, as well as other responsibilities.
The Communications Advisor is responsible for three sectors within the organization: the development and oversight of all communications products (including the maintenance of the Administration Authority’s website), the administrative support to the Board of Directors (scheduling meetings, distributing relevant documents and taking minutes of the meetings), and the oversight of the requirements of the Privacy Act and the Access to Information Act.
- Writes, edits and proofreads various content, in both French and English
- Responds to requests for information from membership, compensation community and other stakeholders, tracks progress and maintains records
- Participates in the development of communication products such as the PSHCP Bulletin and the organization’s annual report; works with communication counterparts for content authoring and publishing
- Develops content and oversees the maintenance and updating of the Administration Authority website
- Works on initiatives to enhance the capabilities of the website
- Monitors website usage and develops strategies to increase readership
- Coordinates the translation of documents and website content
- Serves as the principal contact and administrative officer for organizing the meetings, agendas and documentation/information flow for the Board of Directors
- Organizes and provides secretariat services for multiple committees (Board and external), which involves scheduling, selecting facilities and equipment, preparing agendas, distributing advance and follow-up documentation and liaising with stakeholders
- Takes minutes and maintains meeting records
- Provides office-wide support services such as formatting documents and presentations
- Provides administrative support on special projects and initiatives
- Follows appropriate procedures to ensure that the organization meets the requirements of the Access to Information Act and the Privacy Act?
- University or college degree
- Exceptional written and verbal communications in English and French is essential
- Experience in the development of communications products and communication plans
- Experience in operating word processing and presentation software (i.e. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and design software (Adobe Acrobat, InDesign)
- Experience in writing and editing correspondence, as well as revising and correcting its content, grammar, style, spelling and presentation in both official languages
- Experience with content management systems, HTML and cloud servers
- Ability to manage multiple and conflicting priorities within a busy work environment
- Ability to analyse and synthesize data from various and multiple sources
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, work as part of a team and individually
- Ability to coordinate executive level meetings such as management committees or Board of Directors meetings and take effective minutes and notes as required
- Experience in taking minutes
- Knowledge of the group insurance industry
- Experience with the federal government or the Public Service Health Care Plan
- Knowledge of the Access to Information Act and the Privacy Act
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.