Access to Information and Privacy
As stated in the Letters Patent of its incorporation, the Federal Public Service Health Care Plan Administration Authority is subject to the?Access to Information Act?and the?Privacy Act, as amended from time to time.
The Government of Canada has launched a new service to submit ATIP requests online. This service helps you search all 265 institutions, find the right one and even look through past requests.
Go to the ATIP Online Request Service to start your ATIP online request with the new Government of Canada service.
What do I need to submit a request online?
- Proof that you have the right to make a request:
- A proof of Canadian citizenship, such as a copy of your passport or citizenship certificate;
- A proof of your status as a permanent resident, such as a copy of your permanent resident card; or
- A proof of temporary status in Canada, such as a work, study and/or visitor permit.
- Consent, if applicable:
- If you are making a request on behalf of someone else, you must include consent to release their information.
- The consent must be signed and dated by the person authorizing the disclosure of his/her information.
- You should include the consent for each individual over the age of 18 that may be listed in your file.
- If submitting your request to?IRCC, please use the?Consent for an Access to Information and Personal Information Request?form (IMM 5744).
- Credit card, if your request is being made under the?Access to Information Act:
- There is a $5.00 application fee for these requests. There are no fees under the?Privacy Act.
- At the end of the application, you will be automatically directed to an e-Payment tool, where you will be required to pay your $5.00 application fee using a Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit card.